March 1-2, 2014Sponsored by University of Iowa Community Credit Union
Colonial Lanes, Iowa City
Bowl for Kids' Sake is a fun and easy way for you and your company, friends, or family to support the
life-changing work of Big Brothers Big Sisters. If you care about youth and can spare an hour to have fun with your friends, then Bowl for Kids' Sake is for you!
1. What is my donation used for? All donations are used to support our local mentoring programs. One in three youth is able to participate in Big Brothers Big Sisters because of the funding raised through Bowl For Kids' Sake. The money supports careful supervision and support of the mentoring relationships; screening and training of volunteers; ongoing communication with families to determine the needs and goals of the youth we serve; group educational activities; and staff members who work hard to create strong, long-lasting relationships for children in the community and at school.
2. I don't want to give online. You can also make a pledge now, then receive a bill in March. Just make sure that the person you wish to pledge knows your full name, address, and the amount you'd like to donate. We'll be glad to send a notice after the event is completed.
3. My friend already bowled. Is it too late to make a pledge? NO! We will review pledges that come in for a couple of weeks after the event. The bowler you are pledging can still receive credit for your donation.
1. What happens in the event of inclement weather? Bowl For Kids' Sake will be held regardless of the weather. Please use your best judgment about whether it's safe for you to travel. If you aren't able to attend due to travel-related concerns, please let us know (via an email to email@example.com), and we'll make alternate arrangements on an individual basis.
2. What do I do with my pledge sheet? Team captains will collect all pledge sheets, cash, and checks and turn them in the day of the event. Team captains, we recommend doing this on Friday, or BEFORE arriving at Bowl For Kids' Sake. Note: Online pledges should not be listed individually on your pledge sheet, but we do ask that you record the total you raised online. This really helps our volunteers in our event tally room.
3. Someone needs a receipt. Receipts will be available at the bowling alley for anyone who made a cash or check donation.
4. What do I do when I arrive? Try to arrive about 15 minutes before your shift is scheduled to start. Parking can be a little tight, so consider carpooling.
Come on in, check in at our registration table to learn what lane you'll be bowling on, and settle in for a great time! You'll want to give your pledge sheet and collected pledges to your team captain (or, if you're the team captain, collect these from your team), get your bowling ball and your shoes, and get your lane set up.
During Bowl For Kids' Sake, don't forget to check out the food and drinks available in the bar/cafe area, buy tickets for the 50/50 raffle, and enjoy bowling with your team!
5. How do I register for a door prize? If you have raised at least $100 in individual pledges, or if you are part of a team that has met its $600 goal, you are automatically entered to win one of over 150 door prizes, donated by local businesses.
Big Brothers Big Sisters works to help broaden children's perspectives and support their success.
Join us! Together, we can start a child on the path to fulfilling their potential.